My artwork is... well, the last picture sums it up, really.

This post’s a little different as it’s not so much about a TV show (although there may be some references to certain series and I’ll definitely be back to writing about them after this). Instead, it’s more of a look at the idea of creative writing and stories, as that’s another love of mine. Since childhood, I’ve always had a deep fascination with stories and characters and my love for them has only grown as I’ve become an adult (well, adultish). It maybe stems from the early love of books that was encouraged by my Mum as we read (and sometimes created) numerous stories together when I was a kid. I’d always loved books but soon became completely captivated by films and television as well and found the idea of creating stories to be very appealing (although I can’t vouch for the quality of stories at that time, or more recently, tbh).
I did take a creative writing module at uni and always adored English literature and creative writing style classes. However, I didn’t have much confidence in that area (shockingly) and didn’t really know where to go from there as I’ve always been someone who’s had countless ideas for different plots/characters in my head at once but I’m not often sure of the best way to go about it in terms of if it’s any good, what to do with it/to make it public etc So, I do actually have some ideas for stories that I’ve been thinking about recently (they’re mainly dark comedy thrillers or romance/family/break up stories and they’re primarily inspired by movies/TV series that I’ve watched or books that I’ve read). For instance, some of them are inspired by the works of great authors such as David Nicholls, Zadie Smith, Donna Tartt, Marian Keyes and Sally Rooney, sitcoms like B99 and films like Promising Young Woman, Ladybird or Shiva Baby, to mention a few.
So this is also to send some love and encouragement to anyone else out there who might want to write but is struggling with confidence/doesn’t know where to begin as I promise you that you’re not alone. If anyone’s interested in reading a story that I’ve written (or may write in the near future) and/or is looking to ask for guidance or offer advice/tips for writing, please feel free to leave a comment (but please be respectful if you do decide to comment). Thanks and much love, as always.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Something a little more personal

What does a ‘normal family’ even look like?

Nine episodes and recommendations for Inside No .9